Departures throughout the year on Saturdays (other days upon request and with a slightly different program)
Day 1 (Saturday): Bangkok – Ayutthaya (-/Lunch/Dinner)
Pick up at your hotel in Bangkok (normally between 7.30 and 8.30 – but exact time will be stated on your invoice) and transfer to Ayutthaya, a former capital of Thailand.
Change your transportation to an eco-friendly bike tour to explore the marvelous of Ayutthaya Historical Park, featured as a UNESCO list of World Heritage sites since 1991.
Continue visiting the Elephant Kraal Pavilion and enjoy a delicious Thai lunch onboard the Rice Barge, a unique teak wood boat, while you cruise along the river.
In the afternoon cruise to Wat Thasung and observe thousands of flying foxes hanging in the nearby trees. If time permits – visit the Handicraft Center.
We moor the boat and there is now time to socialize or go aboard for a short walk around the local area in a world far removed from the usual tourist haunts.
Day 2 (Sunday): Ayutthaya (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Rise early to offering food to the Monks on their morning alms round.
After breakfast, ride your bicycle through a rich agricultural landscape to see the local communities and their products making such as Glass Blowing Workshop and a Fighting Fish Farm. Lunch on board the unique Rice Barge while cruising along the Chao Phrya River and the rural canals. Afternoon program visit an Orphanage where the Monks take care of underprivileged children. If time permits, why not give them a hand with the dinner?
Take an evening walk around the local market, stroll around the village or visit some local temples before embarking on the boat for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 (Monday): Ayutthaya – Bangkok (Breakfast/-/-)
Early in the morning you will have a chance to see the colorful local life. Enjoy breakfast onboard. We visit a local school, local business like a brick factory, a mushroom farm and the drum-making families of Pamok area.Lunch on board the unique Rice Barge while cruising along the Chao Phrya River and the rural canals.
End of the program and transfer to hotel, train station or airport in Bangkok.
What is included:
- 2 nights onboard in own cabin
- Pick up from hotel, airport or main station in Bangkok before the trip. Transportation is by mini-bus with air-conditioning.
- Return to hotel, airport or main station in Bangkok after the trip. Transportation is by mini-bus with air-conditioning.
- Guide – English speaking guide on board Rice Barge
- All meals as described in the program
- Coffee, tea, water and fruit
- Linen and towels are on the boat
- All activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees
- Bicycle and Helmet
What is not included:
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages can be purchased onboard
- Tip for the staff on board
What is good to bring along:
- Bath towel and swimsuit if you want to swim in the rivers or sunbathe on the sundeck
- Insect repellent (should be purchased in Thailand)
- Sunscreen with high factor when you’re out on the water and on the bike
- Small backpack for bike rides
- Hat or cap
The converted “Rice Barge” is 21.1 meters in length with 6 comfortable private air-conditioned cabins, each with 2-berths. Toilet facilities include two showers, two toilets and additional washbasins. The spacious upper deck has ample room to relax, enjoy a refreshing drink, read, play games or just watch the world drift gently by.
There is also a sundeck for anyone wanting to work on his or her tan.
- Price per adult: 300* Euro, 255 GBP, 430 AUD, 410 USD
- First child under 11 years: 150 Euro* 127 GBP, 215 AUD, 205 USD (subsequent children are counted as adults)
- *) Due to the 2015 drop of the Euro currency we unfortunately need to add 10% to the cost when paying in Euro.
Depending on the circumstances in the months September to November is to sometimes not possible to use the small river Maenam Noi. due to high river levels. If this is the case, we will instead follow the main river Chao Phrya. Activities and schedule subject to change without notice when local conditions require this.